PSCSW is offering a 20-hour certificate program in clinical supervision. The program, which is co-sponsored by Temple University Harrisburg, will prepare participants to provide clinical supervision to graduate level clinicians seeking licensure or professional development. Through the use of lecture, case method discussion, interactive journaling, and reading, participants will examine developmental and relational models of supervision, with an emphasis on the parallel process of supervision. The course concludes with two supervision groups in which supervisory vignettes brought in by participants will be utilized to illustrate the theoretical constructs.
Participants successfully completing this program will be able to:
1. Enumerate and compare several models of clinical supervision
2. Distinguish and demonstrate specific supervisory skills and techniques
3. Integrate concepts of a parallel process into supervision
4. Formulate a personal supervision philosophy
5. Recognize and discuss how to approach ethical issues that commonly emerge in supervision
An approved application is required prior to registering for this course. Upon application approval, we will direct you to the registration link.
If you have questions about how this program relates to licensure regulations, please visit the Pennsylvania Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists and Professional Counselors Board Laws and Regulations page.