Join us for a community conversation about the media’s responsibility during breaking news situations.
Following the police standoff that occurred on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 on the 3700 block of North 15th Street, the situation raised some key questions about how the media reacts to and covers situations like these, journalist and officer safety and community relations and responsibility.
Klein College of Media and Communication is hosting a conversation between media institutions, Philadelphia police, Temple leadership and community members regarding the standoff in which six police officers were shot. Join us for an open dialogue as we plan for a future in which these dire questions do not need to be raised.
The panelists include:
- David Brown, assistant professor of instruction and diversity officer to the dean at Klein College
- Jen Coleman, on-site producer, CBS3-TV
- Tom Gralish, Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist, The Inquirer
- Chris O'Connell ‘91, Emmy award-winning reporter/anchor, Fox 29 Philadelphia
- Justin Udo, reporter, KYW Newsradio