Experiential Learning 101: Discover Your Transferable Skills
Getting the most out of your Temple education involves more than just your coursework - it can also include experiential learning such as research, internships, study abroad, and fellowships.
If you’re wondering how these opportunities can enhance your professional development or how you can position yourself well to be a competitive candidate for experiential opportunities, then this workshop is for you!
Through a combination of hands-on activities, presentations from Experiential Learning staff, and a panel of experienced Temple students, you will learn:
- What “experiential learning” is and how it can help you attain your personal and professional goals
- What transferable skills you can gain from experiential learning that are valuable to graduate schools and employers
- How to effectively plan for experiential learning opportunities during your time at Temple
- How to strategically articulate the transferable skills you have gained from past experiences, even if you feel like you have “no experience”
- How to locate experiential learning opportunities at Temple and beyond and who to reach out to
This workshop will be most valuable for First- and Second-year undergraduate students who are looking to enhance their educational experience at Temple. All majors are welcome!
Registration not required to attend. Come and go as you are able.
Where: Tuttleman 201 (the conference room at the back)