Temple will honor University veterans and active service military during University-wide Veterans Day ceremonies on Wednesday, November 11.
The ceremony on Main Campus will feature guest speakers, a singing of the National Anthem, an honor guard representing all branches of the military and a performance by the Boyer Jazz Ensemble.
- Captain Mary McElroy, executive senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator, Temple University Department of Athletics. McElroy served in the U.S. Marine Corps and is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy.
- Staff Sergeant Terrence D. Daniels (Ret), STEM career coach advisor, Temple University's Career Development Center. Daniels served the U.S. Army and National Guard/Reserves and is a veteran of the Afghanistan Iraq War.
- Sergeant Ollie Johnson, EDU '74, retired Philadelphia 76er. Johnson served in the U.S. Army and National Guard during the Vietnam War.
- Petty Officer, Second Class, Travis Navarro Travis, veteran and Temple doctoral candidate. Travis served in the U.S. Navy during the Iraq War.
- Sergeant Joseph Kauffman, EDU '14. Kauffman served in the U.S. Marine Corps during the Iraq War.
A reception hosted by the Temple Military and Veteran Services Center in 301D Morgan Hall will immediately follow the ceremony from 12-2 p.m.
Registration is required at temple.edu/veterans.