Temple University is a hotbed for innovation! You're invited to meet our community of innovators and learn about emerging technologies on campus.
Fueled by more than $257 million in annual research expenditures and 39,000 students, Temple’s innovation pipeline features a diverse mix of tech and generates 115+ research-based inventions per year.
Meet Temple's rapidly growing community of inventors and entrepreneurs and witness innovations that may become future products! New microsphere taste strips for drug delivery, medical devices for tumor detection and deep vein thrombosis, magnetic technology for blood pressure reduction, smart eyewear for improved balance, naturally derived wound healing materials, non-flammable battery technology, virtual reality based rehab for balance impairment, and therapeutics for inflammatory bowel disease, cancer and HIV are just a few examples of the innovation under development at Temple. Furthermore, over 50 active spinouts are developing innovations from our faculty and students.
See the list of innovations being showcased here.
- 2:00 - 2:30 - Registration, refreshments, networking
- 2:30 - 2:40 - Welcome Remarks by Michele Masucci, Vice President for Research
- 2:40 - 3:10 - Ramesh Kumar, President and CEO, Onconova Therapeutics
- 3:10 - 3:25 - Idea to Clinic, Marla Wolfson
- 3:25 - 3:30 - Classroom to Venture, Peter Agada
- 3:30 - 4:00 - Technology Showcase Kickoff, Networking and Innovation Contest
- 4:00 - 4:30 - Technology Presentations
- 4:30 - Michele Masucci, closing remarks
This event is proud participant in Philly Tech Week 2017 Presented by Comcast.