Did you know there are dozens of thriving #TempleMade businesses on campus?
They range from cosmetic companies, to on-demand dry cleaning, cell phone repair and more. Attend VentureFest and get to know the startups on Temple’s campus!
VentureFest will feature 35+ Temple Made startups, networking opportunities and a panel discussion featuring some of Philly's top investors from Ben Franklin Technology Partners, SmartVentures and The City of Philadelphia.
- 4:00 Doors open – Networking, expo, food, games
- 4:30 Program
- 4:30 – 4:35 Kickoff, Julie Stapleton Carroll, Blackstone LaunchPad Program Director
- 4:35 – 4:40 Welcome, Dr. Michele Masucci, Vice President For Research
- 4:40 – 5:10 Panel discussion, How to Get Funded.
- Martin Hunt, SmartVentures
- Margaret Berger Bradley, Ben Franklin Technology Partners
- Jonathan Snyder, City of Philadelphia
- Janet Alvarez, WHYY (moderator)
- 5:10 Venture Showcase, quick pitches from tabling startups
- 5:30 SmarTemple Innovation Fund winners announced by Steve Nappi and Martin Hunt
- 5:35 Networking
- 6:00 Event Closes
This event is a great opportunity to network with potential cofounders and like-minded collaborators (and, of course, we'll have plenty of snacks). RSVP now!
Interested in having a table and promoting your venture during the event? Complete this form.
* * * *
Not familiar with the Blackstone LaunchPad? Temple University's LaunchPad is an innovative program that treats entrepreneurship as a viable career path. The Blackstone LaunchPad provides Temple University students and alumni with the skills, knowledge, and guidance to transform ideas into companies. To sign up for a 1:1 meeting or to get more info, visit https://blackstonelaunchpad.org/temple